Thursday, October 18, 2007

La próxima-#6

Today I created a Power Point presentation that I will show on Monday to Spanish 3. I learned how to do Power Point many years ago and had a few presentations ready to go on Macs but I switched school districts-St. Paul uses PC's and there went my shows. I did not bother to transfer them, since there was little chance that I would actually be able to show them-at that time lack of LCD projectors that went with the overhead. It wasn't too hard to reacquaint myself with the program. So I will also use the projector too for the first time on Monday. More steps....moving right along. The Harding Queen has enrolled us for a course on Urban Planet, so the web page is next. Overall I was pleased with my students level of research on their project. Most were quite serious about doing it right. I was quite surprised about the comments they made about their research for other classes and how lax it was. They all knew the basics, but for me it was more in depth they said. So many were glad to revisit the topic and do a thorough job. They planned an educational trip to a Spanish speaking country. Then wrote up some of it in Spanish. Their research and presentation (poster or brochure) level is high school, while their Spanish level is more 4-8 grade, depends on the student. Of course some students still underperformed but that is as always......

1 comment:

Karen said...

How exciting! Good luck with your PP and Projector. And what a complement to you that your students feel you go deeper than some. Sounds like they did interesting projects and were excited about being challenged. Did you know that Rosetta Stone is available through St. Paul Public Library? I don't know if that would be helpful for the lower-level Spanish students? Something they could do on their own perhaps.